Old Inverlochy Castle
The castle is picturesquely situated on the banks of the River Lochy, just a mile from the town centre. Built in the 1200’s by the Comyns of Badenoch as they sought to expand their own power base in the lowlands. It has passed through a number of hands over the centuries, usually by force. The Comyns fell victim to Robert the Bruce’s royal ambitions who passed it on to his supporters. Free entry.